This is the list of vegetables/herbs I bought to plant in my teeny-tiny apartment garden. Feel free to laugh.
- Lettuce: Simpson Elite, Little Gem, Red & Green Romaine, Broadleaf Mix
- Mesclun (not mescaline, Art, which is totally different and entirely illegal): Spicy, Sweet, Regular
- Radishes: Easter Egg mix
- Beets: Golden, Detroit Red, Chicago Red
- Onions: Granex (Yellow Vidalia), scallions
- Potatoes: Catalina
- Carrots: White Satin, Purple Haze, Rainbow Blend
- Swiss chard: Bright Lights
- Squash (x7): Can't even remember the names...but I have zucchini, butternut, balmoral pansquash, spaghetti, crookneck, and several other kinds I can't think of off the top of my head...
- Tomatoes (x?): I have tie-dye colored tomatoes and yellow tomatoes and pink tomatoes and chocolate-colored tomatoes...Many. Let's just put it that way.
- Okra (I personally can't stand okra, but I know lots of people who like to eat it.)
- Peas (Black-eyed peas, English peas)
- Beans (Snap beans, purple running beans, bush beans)
- Eggplant (Lavender, Black Beauty)
- Hot peppers (more varieties and levels of heat than I know what to do with)
- Bell peppers (Green, yellow, orange, red, chocolate brown, purple...)
- Herbs: Cilantro, Basil, Catnip, Chives, Lavender, Thyme, Dill, Tarragon, Oregano, etc...etc...etc...
On top of all this, I'm also trying for some tie-dye colored morning glories, some moon flowers, some zinnias, and other cutting flowers which I picked out of a catalog as being very pretty, but I don't know the names of any of them. But trust me - they're gorgeous.
So yeah. We'll see.
Locusts on the Beach - Yesterday morning when I took two packages of pork chops out of the freezer for dinner, I thought to myself, "That's too many pork chops." The package of ...
16 hours ago