I got the letter J in a meme from two and a half cents (see blogroll) so here it goes...
1. Jaded - I am a very jaded person. Part of it is due to the fact that I have very high ideals, and get disappointed when other people don't live up to them. I am politically cynical and expect politicians to get away with exactly as much as I allow them to. I have been exposed to a wide variety of wild experiences, and this has made it pretty much impossible for anyone to shock or surprise me. Since most surprises are not pleasant, I am not partial to them anyway.
2. Jocund - Despite my cynicism, I am generally an optimistic and cheerful person because there is a good chance that everything will turn out all right, one way or the other. I lead a fairly carefree life and I don't believe in worrying about things you have no control over. I am lighthearted, and a happy drunk.
3. Janus-faced - These two aspects of my personality identify me a dual-natured person. One could say that I am "Janus-faced"...many facets of who I am are contradictory; I am a slob who adores order, I'm an ethical liberal and a fiscal conservative, I am a homebody who loves new experiences and a religious person who does not attend church. (I meditate daily and study religious texts, but it is rare I make it to services, although I'm trying to rectify that.) I can also be a bit of a hypocrite at times. I try to work on that too.
4. Justice - I am obsessed with what is just, and justice is a driving force behind many of my ethical decisions. I try to take into account not just what is fair to me, but what is fair to everyone. Injustice infuriates me, and there is nothing I despise more than the obstruction of individual freedoms.
5. Java - I am a caffeine addict. A cup of coffee is vital to my morning routine, and without it I am a zombie until roughly 10 AM.
6. Jazz - I live by the rules of improvisation, and try to go with the flow as much as possible because I think it decreases the stress associated with change. That isn't always an option, but I'm always happy when I have many directions to choose from when it comes to how I am going to steer my life. I am also a fan of Charlie Parker and Billie Holiday.
7. Jinx - I have abysmal luck sometimes, but it's usually comical and temporary (like locking my keys in the trunk of my car). Sometimes the sheer amount of crazy things that happen to me wears me down though. It may be amusing enough for a sitcom, but it gets old.
8. Junk - I am a pack rat, and tend to accumulate WAY more junk than I need or will ever need at any point in my life. Occasionally I have to declutter my entire home and get rid of dozens of things that I don't want to look at anymore. My worst junk offenders are papers (I have problems throwing even an insignificant note away) and dirty laundry (I can never seem to get a laundry routine down...)
9. Jest - I love a good joke and I'm always up for teasing somebody (or getting teased). I think people take themselves way too seriously at times and I'm one of those people who tend to do that. So I go out of my way to be ridiculous sometimes. Being silly and having fun is good for you.
10. Jnana - Jnana is insight gained through meditation. I think I learn a lot through silent introspection and contemplation, so I make it a process to meditate and think deeply on a regular basis.
If anyone else wants a meme letter, let me know. :)
Interview With A Professional Mountain Unicyclist - [image: mountain-unicycling.jpg] This is a video interview with and extreme footage of professional mountain unicyclist Lutz Eichholz. So, the next time so...
9 hours ago