Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Letter To The Senators (American Clean Energy and Security Act)

[Note: This is a letter I sent to the senators of Alabama (as well as Iowa Senator Harkin) in opposition to the American Clean Energy and Security Act...]

Senator Shelby/Sessions,

I am an environmentalist who stands in opposition to the American Clean Energy and Security Act, and I am writing you today to urge you to do the same.

I am not in opposition to this bill because I don't believe in climate change - I think the destruction of our environment has been very heavily documented. I stand against it because this bill will cause trillions of dollars in new American debt while reaping minimum benefits climatically for the environmental movement.

It will also be used as a bureaucratic tool for the further overextension of federal authority. The bill is plainly a choice between federal tyranny and liberty, and the circumstances of its legislation are suspicious at best. This law will institute some kind of governmental control over literally every aspect of the lives of the American people; it is overreaching at best and subversively authoritarian at worst.

Instead, I would urge you to stand with Representative Forbes of Virginia and support the New Manhattan Project, which instead of setting up an environmental police/inspection force, would fund a rewards system for innovating new advances in green technology. This will benefit both the industrial innovators of our great nation as well as the American populace as a whole.

Please take my words into consideration when placing your vote. We need a green future, but eco-police are not the way to do it.

The future of American liberty depends on you.

Sincerely,
Kellye Parish

No comments:

Post a Comment